Posted by Ramona on 30th August and posted in Children's Writing
One of the first words a child learns to read is their name, so it only makes sense that this is one of the first words that they learn to write.
Recently, a lovely reader made a request for me to make her two ‘My name is…‘ Activity Books for her children which I was pleased to do. Here they are:
If you want to see if I have made a booklet with your child’s name on check here: My name is…‘.
Inside there are the following activities:
- initial letters to colour in
- things that begin with the first letter of their name
- writing their name inside a name guide
- reading comprehension with alliteration
- and 3 lovely name labels to colour in and decorate!
And finally I leave you with this great quote from Bill Crosby:
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry!